On Friday, The Placer County Sheriff Office said that domestic violence charges had been filed against the Kings point guard, per CSN Bay Area. Below is the official statement by the Placer County’s District Attorney:
The initial reports were submitted to our office for review by the Placer County Sheriff’s Office on June 1st, 2016. Our office additionally requested and received photographs of the victim’s injuries in the case and a copy of the 911 call made by the victim on May 30th, 2016. After review of the all the above evidence we have concluded there is sufficient evidence that will allow our office to file and prove this criminal case against Mr. Collison beyond a reasonable doubt.
The Sacramento Kings organization said that they were “made aware of the situation. The Sacramento Kings condemn violence of any kind. We are gathering additional information, and once all facts are known we will take appropriate steps,” in a statement to CBS Sacramento.
Since being drafted 21st overall by the Hornets in the 2009 Draft, the 28-year-old Collison has spent seven seasons with five different teams, including the New Orleans Hornets, Dallas Mavericks, Indiana Pacers, and Los Angeles Clippers. In his second year with the Kings, he averaged 14.3 points and 4.3 assists in 30 minutes per game as the team struggled to a 33-49 record.