Although they haven’t spent much time together, Carmelo Anthony, Derrick Rose and the New York Knicks are considered family.
Heading into the season, Rose had gushed about the Knicks and the city of New York. Not only does he think they’re superteam worthy, but they’re also the most talented team he’s played on, and he’s enjoying Manhattan far more than Chicago.
Unfortunately, Rose’s has no blood relatives in the Big Apple and would have to spend this year’s Thanksgiving alone.
Nobody wants to do that, so the former MVP took a chance and invited himself over to Carmelo Anthony’s house for the Thursday night feast. Melo, who’s clearly a nice guy, obliged, according to Ian Begley of ESPN.
“I just asked where his family’s (going) and asked if it was cool if I came over. He said yeah so I don’t think I have to bring anything but an appetite. Yeah, that’s the only thing I have to bring right now.”
“He said yeah so I don’t think I have to bring anything but an appetite.”
No, that doesn’t work. That wouldn’t even work if you were in elementary school because the teacher would force you to bring something for the end-of-the-year class party. Even if Anthony had invited you to begin with, you would still need to bring something, and it’s now paramount that you bring something to Anthony’s home after he was kind enough not to reject you.
Since this is the case, we’re here to help you, Derrick. You don’t need to bring anything extravagant, just a little something to help out and show gratitude:
- A fruit or vegetable platter
- Crackers and cheese
- A bottle of wine that’s been aging since 1970
- Some two-liter soda bottles or cases of water
- A 12-pack of chocolate chip cookies from BJ’s
- Rainbow cookies — this is the best bet. I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t like these
- An understanding of the triangle
- (Sorry about that one, it was too easy a joke not to make)
- A pie because Melo publically recommended you bring it. Just make sure it’s a pie that everyone likes; you can’t go wrong with pumpkin, apple, or sweet potato.
The list goes on and on. Furthermore, it’s New York City — you can find anything.
Start a conversation with me on Twitter